Global Resource Statistics (1917 available resources as of 2013/12/08)
|Name of Resource Type||Count|
|Functional Genomics Study||104|
|Real Time PCR||182|
|Learn more about Resource Types - a controlled vocabulary established by the dkCOIN.|
|Beta Cell Biology Consortium|
BCBC - Since 04/14/2010
|Diabetic Complications Consortium|
DCC - Since 05/14/2010
|National Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers|
MMPC - Since 05/14/2010
|Nuclear Receptor Signaling Atlas |
NURSA - Since 05/14/2010
T1DBase - Since 02/01/2011
|View all 1917 resources represented by dkCOIN sources|
|Ins2 (Mus musculus)||109|
|Lepr (Mus musculus)||89|
|RRP12 (Homo sapiens)||59|
|Bdkrb2 (Mus musculus)||57|
|Bdkrb1 (Mus musculus)||55|
|TUBA3C (Homo sapiens)||55|
|SERBP1 (Homo sapiens)||51|
|PDCD11 (Homo sapiens)||51|
|ZMYND8 (Homo sapiens)||47|
|ZNF592 (Homo sapiens)||47|
|View all 11466+ genes represented by dkCOIN resources|
To date, 1,917 resource records have been deposited to dkCOIN from the DCC, BCBC, MMPC, T1DBase and NURSA. A total of 1,216 resources have been associated with one or more genes. Of 11,586 total genes associated with resources, the ten most represented are associated with 362 distinct resources. The main method by which we currently interconnect resources between the providers is via EntrezGene identifiers. A total of 786 unique genes provide the connectivity between 3,338 resource pairs across consortia. To further increase interconnectivity, the groups have been further annotating their data with additional gene identifiers, publications, and ontology terms from selected Open Biological and Biomedical Ontologies (OBO).
Release of version 1.3 of dkCOIN
June 21, 2012
We are pleased to announce that dkCOIN is now running on the Amazon EC2 cloud computing platform. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Release of version 1.2 of dkCOIN
August 19, 2011
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 1.2 of dkCOIN. New features available in version 1.2 further strengthen the ability of this web resource to collect and share metadata about resources generated by multiple groups. This release provides the following new features and improvements:
- New SOAP service for full text searching - "searchKeyword" returns data from all entities
- Updated SOAP service - "searchResource" (was "search") now has query parameter for full text searching
- Updated SOAP service "updateResource" - deprecated and unknown genes will now return a warning
- General SOAP activity statistics now logged
- SOAP search results can now be returned as paginated, by default results are limited to 1,000
- SOAP sessions can now span multiple IP addresses, see startSession
- New reports have been added
- SOAP service "searchResource" and dkCOIN website now use the same search methods
- Entire Ontology Lookup Service (OLS) now imported via MySQL dump
- Bug fixes:
- Searching in a tab now displays the results in the proper tab
- Terms no longer re-inserting on every update
- Google Analytics no longer runs on development and staging
- Various typos fixed and descriptions updated
Release of version 1.1 of dkCOIN
February 1, 2011
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 1.1 of dkCOIN. New features available in version 1.1 further strengthen the ability of this web resource to collect and share metadata about resources generated by multiple groups. This release provides the following new features:
- T1DBase has been added as a new collaborator. We look forward to resources and data sets from this important consortium and anticipate initial resource submissions of mouse strains to occur very soon.
- Publications can be associated with resources, just like genes and ontology terms.
- The dkCOIN gene pages now present relevant linkages to external databases. See the insulin II gene page as an example.
- The resource type dictionary has been extended to include Real Time PCR (q_pcr), Co-Immunoprecipitation (affinity_purification), and and DNA Microarray Chip (microarray) and the system modified to simplify future resource type additions.
- Interested parties can create user accounts on the dkCOIN website and elect to sign up for email announcements, which we anticipate to make available for future releases.
- New SOAP services to retrieve the controlled dictionary of resource types, as well as resource appending have been created.
- SOAP search now provide search-by-publication (for resources).
- SOAP search now returns Source Name.
Please report any issues or questions at http://www.dkcoin.org/contact.